Thursday, March 29, 2012

Reading List

2012 Reading List

I could walk into Barnes and Noble and buy the store out within minutes. Wait, seconds!

There are always a number of books that come out weekly. I'm always seeing or hearing about new books that I want to read. BUT what about all the old books that I've always wanted to read? I get to caught up in new books. So what I'd like to do is follow this list I'm going to put together. If a new book comes out, great. I just want to alternate or at least read a few on this list. I mean there are so many good ones that I haven't started. The Hunger Games? How have I not read this trilogy yet? Yeah, I don't know either! lol

Currently I am reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. When I am finished with this I will start another book. Or better yet read this and another book. Either way I want to pick off the list on a regular basis, instead of always putting all of these great reads! Maybe by making a list it will motivate me to read a little more than I have been lately. I mean I remember when the new Harry Potter book would come out. I'd have that huge book read in 2 days easily. Now? Not so much. Yes I have more going on in my life than back then, but still I have enough time to read every day for at least a half hour.

Now this is not in any particular order. Just by the books that I can remember that I've jotted down in my phone or left notes to myself on random pieces of paper when I came across a book that I seemed to interest me. As of right now this is the most current list of books, some old some new.


"The Hunger Games" By Suzanne Collins
"Catching Fire" By Suzanne Collins
"Mockingjay" By Suzanne Collins
"The Best of Me" By Nicholas Sparks
"Fifty Shades of Grey" By E.L. James
"Fifty Shades of Freed" By E.L. James
"Fifty shades of Darker" By E.L James
"Lone Wolf" By Jodi Picoult
"House Rules" By Mike Lawson
"Once Upon A Secret" By Mimi Alford "My Affair with President John F Kennedy"
"Baby Proof" Emily Giffin
"The Help" Kathryn Stockett
"Defending Jacob" By William Landay
"11/23/63" By Stephen King
Sarahs Key" By Tatiana De Roshay
"The Note" By Angela Hunt
"The Lost Years" By Mary Higgins Clark
"Mrs. Kennedy and Me" By. Clint Hill
"Occupying Wall Street: The Inside Story of an Action that Changed America" By writers for the 99%
"Unfinished Business" By Nora Roberts


Here's a list of the last few books I've read.

The Rogue: Searching for the real Sarah Palin....
So I loved this book! I can't stand Sarah Palin and this just shows her colors. And I believe it. I saw this book promoted on Good Morning America one very early morning while I was in the hospital. It sounded so good that I came home and immediately downloaded it onto my kindle. Very good read!

The Vow
This was a short read but a good read. I saw the preview to the movie and looked to see about the book. I found out that they hadn't re-released it yet. So I waited until the day it came out and ran out and bought it on my break at work. It was good. Sad. And moving!

The Next Always By. Nora Roberts
I couldn't put this down!! This is one of her new series. I can't wait until the next one! (I absolutely loved her last one The Bridal Quartet) I'd recommend this all day!

James Patterson's A Christmas Wish
Now I'm a huge James Patterson fan. I love all of his books. (Well except for the Maximum ride series) I love his, I'd guess you'd say, romance books. A different writing for him, but he does it well. So with that being said, I was disappointed with this book. Was it good? Yes. Was it great? No. I was bummed.

Extremely loud and Incredibly Close By. Johnathan Safran Foer
Loved it! Some parts were a little boring, but all in all I really really liked it! So different than expected. Not the type of book I normally read. Different. Funny, Sad. Read it!

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Stieg Larson
OMG! 5 stars all the way!! I tried reading this book, what, two years ago when it first came out. Had a very hard time starting it. It didn't catch my interest. I had to keep re-reading what I had already read. Eventually I gave up. I wasn't getting anywhere with it. A couple weeks ago I picked it back up to give it another shot, since everyone rants and raves about it, and what do you know? I couldn't put it down!! It was amazing! I HIGHLY recommend this read!

No comments:

Post a Comment